Property in Spain

+34. 952 222 998
+44. 20 8144 5509
+1. 305 851 3404
Spanish Property in Spain
Holiday Rentals in Spain Off Plan Property in Spain Property in Costa del Sol Property in Costa Blanca Property in Costa Calida Property in Costa de la Luz Property in Costa Almeria oppSpain About Us Contact Us Custom Inspection Trips Initial Steps Finding the Right Property Financial & Fiscal Legal Matters Buying To Let Buying A Holiday Home Buying To Retire Investment Property Off Plan vs. Resale Renting vs. Buying Spain Property Dictionary Property Buyers Guide

Moving To Spain

Moving to a foreign country is always a big decision to take. In this section you can find useful information if you are planning to move to Spain as your full-time residence. Legally in Spain, if you are residing here more than 183 days per year, you are required to apply for a residency card.

Where to Live and Type of Property

The first decision you have to make is where in Spain you will like to settle down. There are many factors that might help you determine the decision about the location. For example, knowledge from a previous vacation or you might have friends or relatives in an area. It is also a good idea to think about whether you can find a job in that area, if you like the area all year around and other factors which will normally influence your choice of living in your home country.

Moving and What to Bring

When you have decided upon where to live and have found the right property you have to decide how to move and what to bring. If you want to move with all your belongings the easiest way is to contract a specialist in long distance moving. Before you ship your belongings to Spain you have to make sure that you have a place to store it. Many properties in Spain are sold fully furnished and if you are planning to rent most properties will be rented fully or semi furnished. If you don't have room for all your things in your new home you can always rent a storage relatively cheap.

Paper Work

As soon as you have arrived to Spain we can recommend to get your papers in order. Even if you are coming from another E.U. country you still need a living permit to stay in Spain more than 183 days per year and if you are planning to work you also need a work permit. If you are not planning to work in Spain you can easily live without the permits for a while although you will need the NIE number (personal ID) for all official papers (for medical visits, when registering a car or buying a property, etc.). To get the necessary application forms you need to go to the National Police (Policia Nacional) where you also have to return the forms. To apply for the living permit, apart from filling in the application form, you need to bring passport photos, your original passport including copies, rental contract or title deeds and they will normally ask for proof that you can support yourself (either by showing an income or a certificate from a bank with proof of savings).

For further info about Spain see our Buyers Guide or see this section if you are looking for Properties in Spain.

Min Price(€):
Max Price(€):
Leave your property requerements in our Wish List and we will do the searching Get our FREE Spanish Property Buyers Guide
Receive the latest info about promotions & opportunities by email!